He completed his medical studies at Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, graduating from that institution in the class of 1876. After two years of practice among his friends and neighbors at Dodgeville the doctor came to Carroll County, where he has, by diligent attention to his profession, and conscientious performance of duty to his patients, built up a large and quite lucrative practice.
The doctor has been twice married. He was first united in marriage at Blue Mounds, Wisconsin, June 6, 1882, to Miss Anna Martin, a classmate and a graduate of the same class (1874), at the State University at Madison, Wisconsin. She died May 8, 1883, and August 12, 1885, Dr. Williams was married to Miss Emma Branson, who had taught school in the southwestern part of Carroll County for the greater part of the previous ten years, and was a teacher in the Manning High School at the time of her marriage.
The doctor owns and occupies a very fine residence at Manning. He has always manifested a deep interest in the welfare of the town, and every movement calculated to aid in building up the place or developing its business has his encouragement and assistance.